LOT POLISH AIRLINES
LOT Polish Airlines has been operating continuously since 1st January 1929. As one of the oldest airlines, LOT has come a long way since its first aircraft - Junkers - designed with limited seating and a yearly carriage of several hundred passengers.
- In 1930 LOT Polish Airlines joined the International Air Transportation Association (IATA).
- In 1989 LOT became the first carrier in Eastern Europe to fly western-made Boeing 767.
- In 2003 LOT joined Star Alliance whose network currently offers more than 21,555 daily flights to 1,356 airports in 193 countries all over the world.
- In 2010 LOT carried 4.58 million passengers, successfully competing with other airlines in respect of modern equipment, convenience of connections and the quality of service.
- In 2011 LOT carried 4.63 million passengers.
- In 2012 LOT is the first airline in Europe to receive the most modern aircraft in the world - Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Its emblem (a stylized crane) is recognized almost everywhere as the symbol of the Polish flag carrier.
Today LOT is one of the most reputable and recognizable Polish brands in the world marketplace. The quality of the Polish air carrier’s services has been valued by passengers in Poland and abroad, a fact attested to by the abundance of awards it has received from industry organizations, websites, and specialist periodicals, including the British and American editions of the magazine Business Traveller and the American magazine Global Traveler.
At present, aircraft with LOT’s livery fly to almost 60 destinations in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
In 2012, LOT will start flying the latest generation of passenger aircraft – the Boeing 787 Dreamliner offering a level comfort and safety that is incomparable with other aircraft. LOT is successively replacing its fleet with newer, more economical aircraft in cooperation with the world’s leading passenger aircraft manufacturers.
LOT currently operates a fleet of 3 Boeing 767-300s, 3 Boeing 737-400s, 1 Boeing 737-500s, 10 Embraer 170s (LOT was the launch carrier for this type), 12 Embraer 175s, 5 Embraer 195 offering two-class service (Economy and Business) on all international flights.
LOT’s pilots are among the world’s foremost aviators, having received a multitude of awards and won championships in many fields of competition flying. The professionalism and quality of our flight and cabin crew are confirmed by the positive assessments of our passengers, and the safety of our flights is attested to by the positive results of audits conducted by international aviation institutions.
Complete offer of services including all of newest products are available on the web at www.lot.com. You can also take advantage of our site’s Web Check-in service, purchase travel insurance, rent a car or make hotel reservations. For those who are unable to access the web site, you may also check in by telephone using Tele Check-in. Also always at your disposal are our Call Centre and ticket sales offices in Poland and abroad.
LOT Polish Airlines welcomes you aboard!